In the light of Section 4(1)(b)(xvi) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 Shri Santosh R Patil , the Principal is designated as Public Information Officer and Joint Director, Collegiate Education, Dharwad region, Dharwad is the first appellate authority for providing required information relating to the activities of K.L.E. Society’s S.A. Manvi Law College under Section 4(1) (b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005
1. The particulars of the Institution, functions and duties:
The K.L.E. Society’s S.A. Manvi Law College actively engaged in Teaching and research in the area of law and related fields. The college imparts education leading to the Degree of LL.B. (3 years Course) The College is also actively engaged in curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
2. The powers and duties of its officers and employees:
All the teaching faculty members are actively engaged in teaching, research, guiding and mentoring the students at different levels. Faculty members are also engaged in active research of their own. The administrative staff performs functions of their respective branches.
3. The procedure followed in the decision making, including channels of supervision and accountability:
The decisions are taken as per the bye-laws of K.L.E. Society , Belagavi. The matters regarding admissions are placed before the admission Committee and the decisions are taken by this Committee.
4. The norms set by the institution for the discharge of its functions:
The functions are discharged and decisions are taken by following a democratic process. Appropriate bodies/committees are constituted under the Rules and Regulations of the K.L.E. Society, Belagavi
5. A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control:
Attendance registers, stock register, fee receipts, admission forms of students, internal assessment awards, correspondence files pertaining to the college, service books of teaching and non-teaching staff etc. are held under the control of the college.
6. The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof:
The college has a Legal Aid Clinic. This committee is actively involved in conducting programmes to bring legal awareness in the society. Members of Bar and the Bench are associated with the Institution in organizing different programmes/functions which are conducted in the college.
7. A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public:
Under the relevant Rules and Regulations of the college, the Local Governing Body, the Executive Committee, Internal quality assurance cell, have been constituted to discharge their respective functions as given in the K.L.E. Society’s regulations. The college has also constituted committees such as Moot Court Committee, Green club, Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell, SC/ST students’ grievances Redressal Cell, Cultural Committee etc.
8. A directory of its officers and employees:
The directory of the faculty working in the college is available on the website of the college. Their complete record is available with the office of the college.
9. The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
The record of monthly remuneration received by each of the officer and employee of the college is maintained by and held under the control of the Accounts Branch of the college.
10. The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made:
The budget allocation is made by the college for every financial year.
11. The manner of execution of college programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
All programmes are organized and executed under the initiatives of Internal Quality Assurance Cell after the approval from the appropriate bodies. The total amount allocated for any programme and utilized for those programmes is subject to the approval of the auditors and prior approval of the competent authorities. The beneficiaries of such programs are mainly the students and staff members working in the college.
12. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.
The information pertaining to the faculty members and the students is reduced in an electronic form and is available in the website of the college.
13. The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
The facilities of the college are primarily available to the students and staff of the college. The working hours of the college is from 8.30 a.m.to 5.30 p.m. The Library of the college is open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and it is primarily available for the use of the students and the faculty members. However, any members of the public can have access to the library with prior permission of the Principal.
14. The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers:
Shri Santosh R Patil, Principal, Public Information Officer for the information held by the K.L.E. Society’s S.A. Manvi Law College,